Welcome to the website of St John the Baptist Church of England Primary School
We are delighted that following our recent Ofsted inspection on 13 and 14 June 2017, Ofsted have judged us to be a good school, with good gradings in all five inspection areas.
The inspectors found that:
- This is a good and improving school. The school’s central values, expressed as ‘respect, friendship, trust’, are evident throughout every aspect of the school’s work.
- Leaders and governors know the school’s strengths well and have successfully driven improvements in the quality of teaching and learning. They have clear plans for further development.
- Governance is very effective. Governors have a wide range of skills, experience and expertise.
- Pupils are making good progress due to effective teaching and their positive attitudes to learning.
- Teachers plan lessons well. Teachers’ good subject knowledge enables them to address any emerging misconceptions and to provide pupils with further challenge when necessary.
- Pupils rise to teachers’ high expectations. Teaching assistants make a valuable contribution to pupils’ learning.
- Teachers use questions well to prompt pupils’ thinking and deepen their understanding.
- Pupils behave well, and are friendly, polite and courteous. They look out for one another and are secure in the knowledge that they could speak to an adult if they had concerns about themselves or a friend.
- Pupils listen well in lessons and are keen to learn, they cooperate well with one another and are mutually supportive.
- Pupils make sensible choices from the wide range of activities on offer during break times. Pupils demonstrate high levels of care and friendship.
- Parents’ responses to a recent school survey indicated that the overwhelming majority feel welcomed and are confident that their children are happy, looked after well and kept safe.
Please contact the school office to arrange to visit on one of our Open Days in the Autumn term for entry into Year R in 2018, or contact the school office to arrange a visit prior to that if you are new to the area and looking for a school for your child for September 2017. We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to our school.
Monday, 2nd October – 1.30pm – 3.00pm
Thursday, 2nd November – 1.30pm – 3.00pm
Saturday, 4th November – 9.00am – 12.00pm
Wednesday, 22nd November – 9.30am – 11.30am
Mrs Kay Bowen