Our new substantive headteacher, Kay Bowen, joined us in September 2016 and is very well supported by a positive, hardworking and passionate staff team. Our school continues to work closely with our Hampshire colleagues to continue our journey of continuous improvement.
Kay is supported by the Senior leadership team who work together to drive forward the strategic vision of the school. They meet weekly and work through 30 day plans to ensure that the demanding aims of the school are met.
- Lou Rhodes is the acting deputy headteacher and Key Stage 2 leader and she provides particular expertise in teaching and learning and curriculum development. She also oversees the effective provision from Pupil Premium funding. Lou also leads the Learning Council.
- Mel Loveman is the school’s Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) and she has responsibility for ensuring that those children with special educational needs receive an excellent education. She also teaches for two days of each week in one of our Reception classes. Mel supports the children who are our Young Citizens group.
- Jane Kennedy-Scott and Pete Reed are the English and Maths leaders respectively. They are responsible for driving these key areas of the curriculum across the school. Jane also holds responsibility for leading the Year 1 / 2 team of three classes, and Pete the Year 5 /6 team of three classes. Jane looks after the junior librarians and has responsibility for the library.
- Linda Hobley is our Year 3 / 4 team leader and also responsible for our assessment practice across the school. Linda leads the Green Team.
- Other key senior staff are:
Linda Dudley, our school business manager and she provides and essential link between the strategic aims of the school and the management of resources.
Mark Emery is our Early Years team leader, responsible for teaching and learning in Reception Year. He is also school lead for social, moral, spiritual and cultural education (SMSC)
Please click here to view our school’s staffing structure.