- Grey trousers, skirt or pinafore;
- Green check/striped summer dresses/skirts or grey shorts may be worn in summer;
- Green sweatshirts or cardigans;
- White polo shirts;
- Coloured PE shirts according to the children’s school house:
Blue – Ennis-Hill Green – Simmonds
Yellow – Murray Red – Beckham
All the above are available from Skoolkit, 149 West Street, Fareham. Tops are all embroidered with our school logo. You can either visit the shop or purchase items via their website www.skoolkit.co.uk
Black shorts, trainers or plimsolls (elasticated preferably) and a plain coloured T-shirt appropriate to the House Colour needs to be in school. The PE kit is essential basic equipment and introduces the need for a PE bag. Children are welcome to bring in a track suit for outdoor games. We encourage all children to take their PE kit home at the end of half term for washing.
It is essential that all main items of clothing are named. Items of clothing etc. that are lost can be returned immediately if named, otherwise they are on display on tables outside Class 10 and 11 which both parents and children can look through. Approximately every week all remaining unclaimed items are disposed of. The school cannot be responsible for items of value that are brought to the school and which subsequently go missing.
The wearing of jewellery in school should be kept to a minimum with only watches and stud earrings. We as a school have adopted the Hampshire Safety in PE Policy which states:
- All jewellery / watches must be removed and it is the responsibility of the pupil to store them safely;
- If under exceptional circumstances jewellery cannot be removed, e.g. newly pierced ears, they are secured by micropore tape;
- Children should be encouraged not to wear earrings on PE days and should be taught by their parents how to remove them.
Please try to keep the number of non-educational items brought to school to a minimum as they do present problems of supervision. Electronic games are not permitted at school.